Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chagrin Valley Soap & Craft

Chagrin Valley Soap and Craft is a much talked about company in the natural skincare world. They've got a wide selection of products and are one of the number 1 suppliers of shampoo bars in the smaller circles.

Shampoo Bars:
For the most part, I'm not a shampoo bar convert. They do leave a build up and I am NOT into the ACV rinse thing- I'm just not. The only one I tried that seemed to lather well without buildup was the honey, beer, and egg bar. I liked it, but I'm not a convert

Lip Balms:
These seem to change seasonally, and are a bit on the extra soft side. Pro: They use some of the best butters for lipbalms which i love. Con: They're not solid enough to come in sticks and i don't love using potted lip balms.

Soaps:
In general, I always feel disappointed in these. Don't get me wrong- the soaps are quality and nourishing, but the scents always seem to be very different from what i was expecting. i do love their shaving soap (for my legs) and DH likes the loofah and sea salt soaps.

Bath Melts:
These are a lovely little indulgence chalk full of goodness. They take awhile to melt and make the tub slippery, but full of great butters and oils.

For the Dogs:
For me, this is where CV really shines. I have a dog with sensitive skin who reacts especially badly to fleas. Commercial big name flea preventatives weren't working and her bouts with fleas left her with raw patches of skin and missing fur. They offer two types of shampooch- one for healing which works really well, and one for prevention which for my dog works better than chemical flea deterrents and doesn't pose a hazard to the dog or our family. Our dog uses sentinel (which has a heartworm preventive and actives that break the flea lifecycle to keep one flea from becoming many) and CV shampooch. Bonus is that our dog really seems to prefer the shampoo bar over liquid dog shampoos. We have also used the paw salve, but she doesn't love the smell and there's no helping her calluses.

No comments:

Post a Comment