Monday, February 21, 2011

Products I Can't Live Without

If you've known me for awhile, you know that I like to sample and I love to try new things, but there are some things that sit on the shelf til you decide to throw them away and others that you buy over and over again and are quite sad to see the bottom of. This is a list of my Cant-Live-Without products.

Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Lotion-$10/bottle


In general, I'm a big fan of burt's bees, but this lotion has been among my fav. products of all time for years and is actually one of DH's favorites too. It has ingredients that have always been amazing for my skin- especially the honey and aloe. Being burt's bees, it is of course natural, moisturizing, and gentle. It absorbs nicely, doesn't leave a residue, doesn't irritate sensitive or harshed skin (example: razor burn), and smells absolutely divine. It's an indulged scent without being overpowering- sweet and relaxing. When I have a kid, I'm sure this is what they will smell like on a regular basis because it's how I'll want them to smell. lol. This is probably the longest running product in my collection starting sometime in highschool (7 years?). Safe for face too. *They have a separate longer-lasting formula in a tube that i haven't tried, but reviews say is not the same thing.

Burt's Bees Lip Balm-Original/Peppermint- $3/tube

Lip balms are a touch and go thing for people in that everyone wants something different from their lipbalm. I have other lipbalms that i really like and use, but again- can't live without my burt's bees lip balm. I love the peppermint flavor and higher wax content. Other lipbalms often leave my lips chapped or cause lipline breakouts if overused and almost all need reapplied often- I don't have those problems with Burt's Bees. It's not going to melt in my pocket either.

100% Pure Skin Brightening Scrub/Mask- $21/tube

This product is relatively new to my collection, but one that i use pretty much everyday. The jojoba beads exfoliate gently without fear of getting overzealous and harshing my skin (like with a microdermabrasion gel) and the great nourishing oils leave my skin really soft as well as brighter. It smells like citrus which is something I really love about it.

Silk Naturals French Lavender Lotion-$2.99/flat bottle

I love lavender, but too often lavender products are fakey smelling with a hint of baby powder. This is an amazing, true lavender scent and a great moisturizer to boot. It's heavy enough to moisturize dry hands, but light enough to be used on my face which is especially nice at bedtime. I go through probably a dozen tubes a year and also gift it to my mom frequently (who also loves lavender)

Terra Firma Cosmetics Longevity Lip Stain in Bloom-$14.99/Tube

This isn't really skincare, but it is my most used cosmetic. Lips change color with hydration, sun, etc- but this is the color my lips were meant to be. Pinky peach and perfect for me.

Silk Naturals Sheer Blush in Sassy-$6.50/jar

Peach is my color and sassy's got me covered. This color isn't actually for sale anymore, but it's my color and i'm stocked up.

Avon Supershock Mascara-$9/tube

I've tried a lot of mascaras and this one beats them all. It coats, lengthens, curls, and separates and gives overall wow lashes without much effort. I'm in love. I uy it on sale at BOGO or 44% off.


Items of note:

Argan Oil & Manoi de Tahiti (coconut oil)
I've used both of these oils as hair treatments and argan oil on skin and hands too. Both oils are great at penetrating the hair shaft and are super healing. Coconut oil is a little heavier than argan oil, but the tahitian gardenia infusion is a lovely scent and is amazing for hair. Argan oil is light enough to make a great moisturizer. I switched to using oils instead of conditioner one summer and it completely restructured my hair texture overall from dry and damaged to soft shiny and healthy.

Water
I know everyone says you need to stay hydrated, and it's true!!! I drink an obscene amount of fluid everyday from tapwater to hot herbal teas to 100% juices, but my body can really tell when i haven't gotten adequate hydration.

No comments:

Post a Comment