Saturday, January 22, 2011

Eye Creams- Depuffing and Dark Circles

I have dark circles- it's a sad fact of life. I have tried a lot of eye creams, and have yet to find "The One" that keeps me from searching, but here's a comparison of a few I've tried:

Avon ANEW Clinical Eye Lift- $28/oz

In general, my sisters and myself had good result with this, but i'm not crazy about the residue left by the gel. It does lighten circles and lift a heavy brow-instantly which is something of note- but it's pricey and doesn't always absorb so great.

Burt's Bees Beeswax and Royal Jelly Eyecream- $15/oz

This one is waxy and will leave a slightly greasy texture to your skin- i recommend using it at night. This one basically works on the premise of thickening the skin and keeping it moisturized. It works well on bags and does help with circles over time.

100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream- $19/oz

The image won't cooperate
It comes in a glass bottle with pump

This one works fairly well- the caffeine is great for undereye bags, but it does a mediocre job on circles. It absorbs nicely, but smells like a popcorn-flavored dum dum, a scent i can't stand. DH uses and likes this cream for his eyebags.

Progress in Health-Erzulie Soothe Depuffer Eye Balm- $5/tube

This is another that works on the premise of moisturizing and thickening undereye skin. It's very herbal and takes awhile to absorb. I have worn in under makeup with a problem, but prefer to apply it at night. It's not going to do anything instant, but if you use it regularly- especially before bed- you'll notice smoother more nourished undereye skin in the mornings pretty quickly. It's not too fancy, but I like it.

Silk Naturals Holy Crow Instant Wrinkle Remover-$5.99/10grams

no photo of packaging

This is meant for wrinkles, so when you have really bad bags with deep lines, this will improve the look of them. Unfortunately, it doesn't really do anything for circles (nor is it meant to)

Garden of Wisdom
  • Pack Your Bags & Say Goodbye Eye Gel-$14.35/.5oz
This is a newly released product and a new favorite of mine. It shrinks bags within seconds- instant visible results. love. I placed an order for the eye products below before this product was released, and a 5g jar was included in my package. I'm so happy it was.
  • Waxless Eye Magic-$8.10/3g jar
I use this in conjunction with the other 2 GOW eye products reviewed here as a moisturizer overtop of everything. I'm not entirely sure it does anything, because the other two are so potent, but it's eye safe with ingredients that target eye area issues and i like to put a moisturizer over serums and gels to keep the tightening from causing skin irritation.
  • GoAway Circles Serum-$13.95/.25oz
This is light serum that absorbs quickly and does seem to be impacting my circles. I've only been using it for a week, in conjunction with the other 2 GOW eye products reviewed, and I do feel that my overall eye appearance has improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment