Thursday, January 6, 2011

OCC Liptars

OCC Liptars are colored liquid lipsticks designed for mixing like paint. The first time I looked at them, they had mostly primary rainbow colors as well as black and white, but have since expanded their colors vastly. At roughly $12/tube, owning an OCC liptar palette is pretty pricey. I bought 2.

I purchased vintage and clear. While vintage really wasn't quite what i was hoping for (i wanted more of a wine color and vintage is more of a burgundy/maroon color- more brown than purple), clear really opened a whole array of experimentation for me. I don't recall a flavor associated with vintage but clear is lightly minty- which i love. Both are non-sticky liquid lipsticks that require just a drop for application and dry down to a longlasting non-drying matte lipstick finish.

For the clear, I decided to add in SN pigments since I have such a huge array of them. I tried to dupe existing OCC liptar colors though I'm sure they're not exact. If you try this, I will caution that pearl eyeshadow make frosted lippies and tip that a touch of heavy base will help make any color more opaque. I find liptar especially wonderful for making the perfect nude lipstick from your foundation.

*I haven't experienced color bleed with the clear and pigments, but some of the premade OCC colors do feather on lips, and a clear (or appropriately colored) lip liner is recommended.

OCC by SN
 
*The basic ingredients in OCC clear liptar are castor oil, vitamin e, hemp seed oil, and flavoring. I have purchased those ingredients myself and duplicated their clear liptar at home (let's say roughly $20 in supplies for enough ingredients to make 10-20 tubes of clear liptar). Both castor oil and vitamin e lend the sticky liquid-to-powder liquid lipstick texture found in liptar while the hemp oil adds conditioning for your lips and i used a drop or two of peppermint oil for flavoring. As seen in the image above, you can customize the product from there with your favorite eyeshadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment