Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Fairytale Wedding


(Naturally, I posted about my wedding when I got married August 23, 2009, but since I've just started padding this blog with reader-worthy posts, i decided that my fairytale wedding constitutes as reader-worthy).

Ahem:
Not being Christian or traditional in pretty much any way, it should come as no surprise that my wedding was anything but traditional. We got married on a Sunday...at night...in the woods... with white lights everywhere!

My mom calls it the ceremony that was shorter than the walk, and that's fine by me! The guests held votives and witnessed from log benches on a creek bank while Bob and I said our short vows on an island in the middle of the creek. I made my dress- a fairy dress- and wore fairy wings rather than a veil.  
Guests threw rose petals and carried their votives through the woods down a dirt path lined in paper lanterns, to a pavillion all aglow in white lights with a table of yummy hors' d oeuvres(summer rolls, crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, cream puffs) and glass jugs of mojito and pink wedding sangria. The tables glittered with crackle glass wasp catchers with "firefly" lights inside and rock candy favors. Crystal bowls of chocolate dipped mint leaves brushed in gold luster dust offered a unique treat. A black and white cake sat under its own pavillion of lights with the tossing bouquet, backdropped by a lake of floating candles.


The night was unique, magical, perfect...and ours.




No comments:

Post a Comment