Thursday, January 6, 2011

Progress in Health & Erzulie Cosmetics

A few months ago, I was turned on to progress in health holistic skincare by someone on the SN forum while I was looking for a replacement for UGG's discontinued buttercup cream concealer (basically, i needed a yellow cream concealer with good coverage). I purchased a concealer/corrector stick in yellow, a tube of eye depuffer balm, and their oxygen blemish treatment. Overall, i was very impressed. They seem really committed to being non comedogenic too, which is always appreciated, and the prices (at least for the essentials i ordered) are really reasonable.

 I actually ended up purchasing from Erzulie Cosmetics on etsy (a partner? of PIH- both sites' banners say "Progress in Health & Erzulie Cosmetics"). I don't remember why, but i kind of think there was a sale going on. At least one of the times i purchased i got a free juicee lip color/balm.  I also find the etsy site a bit more user friendly; it's organized into more subcategories that make things easier to find, and you don't have to flip multiple pages within the categories.
The Concealer/Corrector Stick $6:

This is packaged in a slimtube, and is smooth, creamy, and highly pigmented/opaque. It gives great coverage for dark circles- especially when set with a powder (I use SN extra light peach SIAJ)

The Depuffer Eye Balm $5:
This smells really herbal and does feel kind of thick/moist so i'm not always inclined to use it under makeup. With all the nourishing oils though, i do often use this as a night treatment and feel like it does help with circles and thin undereye skin, as well as bags when i'm super tired or know i won't be getting enough sleep.
The Oxygen Blemish Treatment $6:

They have a whole acne system, but I'm not particularly acne prone so i just bought this treatment as an overnight zapper for the occasional zit. I have certainly not been disappointed. Overnight, it will severely diminish a bad zit (like a cystic acne spot which i recently experienced) and erase an oncoming zit from ever coming to fruition. A bad zit might take 2-3 days to completely disappear, but this product will shrink it and suck the red out of it faster than anything i've ever used. I consider myself to have pretty sensitive skin, and i haven't experienced any rashes, irritation, or dryness with this product- just fantastic results. It's a rather runny lotion with a very herbal smell, but it's VEGAN and it does its job. I also use Burt's Bees repair serum on scars and the two have a lot of ingredients in common. It comes in a blistex type tube (squeeze tube with a slanted tip and a hole for dispensing)

Customer Service:
I feel I really need to note an important thing about their customer service. When I first purchased the blemish treatment, it was in a liptube with a doefoot applicator. Being a runny lotion, a LOT of product was wasted with the packaging and it was hard to close without gushing product. However, i was aware of the packaging and foresaw these problems before i purchased it, so i really couldn't complain (though i may have mentioned it in passing when i left a positive etsy review- not sure). Anyhow, a month or two after my purchase, PIH/Erzulie Cosmetics remedied this obvious flaw in packaging to the current squeeze tube. Through my etsy account (i purchased from etsy), I was sent a message saying that the product had been recalled and i would receive a new tube in the mail within the week. To my knowledge, the only reason for recall was the packaging.I find it very cool that they took the time to send out a new tube to a recent customer when they changed packaging, very classy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment